Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.moything.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information you choose to give us
When you use and interact with our services, we collect the information you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic MoyThing account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you choose, your real name, a password, and an e-mail address.
You’ll also provide any information you send through our services, such as post and comment uploads. Keep in mind that the posts and comments you upload can be seen publicly, and can always be saved and copied outside of our services. Please don’t share content you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Lastly, when you contact us or communicate with us in any way, we’ll collect any information you give us.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information we get when you use our services
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example:
- How you interact with our services, such as what sections you look at, what you search for, what posts and comments you upload, or what posts and comments you give thumbs up or thumbs down.
Content Information. We collect content you create on our services. For example:
- The images, videos, and text you upload
We also collect information about the content you create. For example:
- When you created the content
- Where you created the content
- How you created the content such as device information
We also collect information about how other users interact with your content. For example:
- Post thumbs up and thumbs down
- Comments and comment thumbs up and thumbs down
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other MoyThing Users. We may share information with other MoyThing users. Examples include:
- Information about you, such as your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Information you upload, such as image or video posts.
- Information about how you interacted with our services, such as the content you post, the comments you post, and the content you give thumbs up or thumbs down.
With all MoyThing Users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share information with all MoyThing users, our business partners, and the general public. Examples include:
- Public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Content submissions set to be viewable by everyone.
- Content from our services that you share on other services, such as Facebook or Pinterest.
With third parties. We may share your information with third parties. Examples include:
- With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is necessary. Examples include:
- To comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To investigate, enforce, or remedy potential Terms of Service violations
- To protect the safety, rights, and property of MoyThing, our users, or others.
- To detect and resolve any fraud or security matters or concerns.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information with third parties, such as advertisers.
Our services may contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded-service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information, including personal information, directly to the third party, to us, or to both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Provided by others
Some companies may use information collected on our services to measure the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
Provided by us
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at moything(at)gmail.com